The Hotel TripAdvisor Users Love the Most in 2017
The Aria Hotel in Budapest, Hungary, won the top honor in this year’s TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice awards.
The Aria Hotel Budapestby Library Hotel Collection in Budapest, Hungary, was chosen as the best hotel in the world by TripAdvisor’s users. The travel planning and booking site’s Travelers’ Choice awards for hotels are based on millions of reviews.“TripAdvisor relies on the experiences and opinions of our travel community to determine the winners,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. “Travelers planning 2017 trips can find inspiration for some of the best places to book around the world from this diverse group of outstanding accommodations.”
The winning properties tended to be unique offerings that focus on service, value and quality. The U.S. tops the world-wide list with 171 properties; Italy had 162 and France had 158.
2017 Travelers’ Choice Awards: Top Hotels in the World
1. Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection, Budapest, Hungary: Themed rooms use paintings and other décor elements to reflect Budapest’s rich musical heritage. Complimentary breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese, coffee, tea, water, and access to the indoor swimming pool and sauna add to the welcoming atmosphere.
2. Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Ubud, Indonesia: The clifftop location above the Ayung River, the butler service and the food delighted TripAdvisor’s users.
3. Turin Palace Hotel, Turin, Italy: The centrally located hotel offers good-sized rooms, a roof terrace and complimentary Wi-Fi.
4. Hotel The Serras, Barcelona, Spain: Users commented on the boutique hotel’s friendly staff and good service. The property is within an easy walk of Las Ramblas and Barcelona’s beaches.
5. BoHo Prague Hotel, Prague, Czech Republic: Well-located near Prague’s Old Town Square, the hotel blends modern décor with a touch of Old World chic.
6. Portrait Firenze, Florence: Situated near the Arno River and the Ponte Vecchio in the heart of Florence, Portrait Firenze, a Leading Hotels of the World property, combines classic and contemporary style.
7. Shinta Mani Resort, Siem Reap Province, Cambodia: TripAdvisor’s users liked the hotel’s attentive staff plus the property’s location in the French Quarter between the Royal Gardens and the Old Market area.
8. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa, Hanoi, Vietnam: The 50-room property’s attentive service won acclaim from TripAdvisor’s users.
9. Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica: The 33-acre, residential resort in Manual Antonio offers more than 50 bungalows and villas. Along with its own beach, the property has the Sloth Institute Costa Rica, a non-profit devoted to the conservation of sloths. Guides lead tours along trails to search for the laid-back creatures.